H.E.L.P STUDENT OF THE WEEK #2

               MEET ENITAN OSITELU
Enitan Ositelu


      She is a final year student of computer science in the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State. She is a fashion designer and a model. Enitan started fashion designing in her second year out of a great hobby of arts and fashion which now is a foremost fashion art in Ogun state- HITTY Signature.

Why fashion designing? 
"Growing up, I was always very interested in dressing well so I would watch a lot of fashion shows, and I was inspired to start sketching even when I didn’t know how to sew .I find inspiration in almost everything – places, music, books, people. I became a designer because I love creating beautiful things".



hitty wears

What were the challenges you faced starting up?
"My biggest challenges were time, money, competition on price, management skills and availability of fabric and Design copy cats.Fashion is a business where you need money in every step, to make quality designs, to market it and promote it."

Progress so far?
"The level of progress has been fantastic. As I have full support from my parent and siblings. They have been the best gift from God to me. I have learned a lot personally being an entrepreneur especially in embracing my uniqueness"

What are your prospects?
"I want to expand my business and enroll in a fashion school after my BSc, then register my fashion house. I believe when I'm professionally trained, I'll be the best thing that's ever happened to the fashion industry *smiles*"

What advice do you have for other students like you?

"There is a lot of scope and opportunities for aspiring designers today. You have to be passionate, driven and always remember that there is no shortcut to success. Creativity is a work in progress, so continue to enhance it and never set boundaries or limit yourself. People will try to talk you down especially when you make mistakes. Always remember that it is okay to make mistakes"

And that's it on our Student of The Week #2, we hope you are inspired. Anticipate our next editions as we showcase more campus heroes.  START -UP YOUR DREAM TODAY!.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tale of my Path